ALIA Sydney presents: From Little Things Big Things Grow: preparing to present and write a paper
A FEW FINAL SPACES REMAIN:
Looking for some tools to put in your writing and presenting toolbox to start preparing for your first conference paper? This half day workshop will give you the spade to start growing your ideas into something big on the journey from idea to abstract, and writing to presenting.
Topics will include:
- What is a conference program director looking for in an abstract?
- The best ways to pitch ideas to your boss
- Preparing to write
- Tips for presenting
Some tools you’ll take with you:
- Learning to pitch ideas
- Tools to plan and hone your research
- Ideas for expanding your writing repertoire
- Improving your presentation style
Featuring guest presenters Janet Fletcher (Director, Information Services Department, UNSW and Co-Convenor for the ALIA 2012 Biennial)
Alyson Dalby (InSync Surveys and former Co-Convenor ALIA New Librarians Symposium)
Room 209, UNSW Library, University of New South Wales