Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved with ALIA? Both NSW New Grad Regional Coordinators are simultaneously going on maternity leave at the end of 2013, and we’d like to share the load!
Two positions are available for a 12 month period.
To apply, please send a brief statement (1 page) addressing the position description (below) with your contact details to alianewgradnsw [at] gmail [dot] com
Queries about this position can also be sent to this email address.
Deadline for applications is Friday 22nd November, 2013.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the end of November to arrange handover in early December 2013.
Position description: NSW New Grads Regional Coordinator
The interested persons should:
- Be, or be willing to become, a current member of ALIA.
- Have an active interest in professional development with the Library & Information sector.
- Maintain an active awareness of new issues and development within the Library and Information sector.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Be able to contribute to NLS7 organising for Sydney 2015
Regional Coordinators are expected to:
- Assist with the organisation of at least 2 events per year in NSW, either independently or in conjunction with another ALIA group (e.g.ALIA Sydney). Events should relate to the needs and interests of new graduates, or students in the Library and Information sector.
- Post/Update on ALIA New Graduates Group (NGG) social networking pages regularly.
- Use ALIA groups elist and social media accounts to promote NSW events and current awareness of library and information sector news and issues.
- Ensure a consistent and professional format for all ALIA NGG communications
- Report on events to the NGG using the appropriate Google Docs, and at NGG teleconferences.
- Pass on to the NGG Convenor any issues that the New Generation Advisory Committee might need to know about
- Keep detailed information on money spent/received to be passed on to the Treasurer once a year
- Record all payments in the ALIA receipt book and provide invoices to all payees
- Regularly check and maintain the group’s email account
Average time demand per month: 4 hours (2 hours prep plus actual events)Term required: 12 months (Dec 2013-Dec 2014)