Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 6:30-8:00pm (arrive from 6pm)
Victoria Park Room, Level 5, Fisher Library, University of Sydney
Cost: $5 for ALIA Members / $7 for Non-ALIA Members (Pay at the Door) RSVP Essential
Following on from the sell-out success of our recent launch event exploring the world of Library Senior Management, ALIA Sydney is putting the spotlight on collaborative projects. Each presenter on the night will have 20 slides and just 20 seconds per slide to tell us about their collaborative project. Trickier than it sounds, these speed presentations should make for an entertaining and informative evening.
- Ellen Forsyth from the State Library of NSW who was recently included in the 2011 Movers and Shakers list will be coming along to present on her Twitter reading group
- Tim Rayner from the Coalition of the Willing will be coming along to show us the potential for collaboration on a global scale.
- Jacqueline Harvey from Yalari which offers Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities and towns across Australia the opportunity for a first-class secondary education through scholarships to attend some of Australia’s leading boarding schools
- Oriana Acevedo from My Language a portal created by seven State and Territory Libraries as a way of enriching Australia’s linguistic and cultural cyberspace, to enable people to search and find information on the internet in over 60 languages.
- Louise Pritchard from Libraryhack, which is a mashup and apps competition run by the National, State and Territory libraries of Australia and New Zealand with great prizes designed to encourage the creative and innovative re-use of library data & digital content.
- Kirsten Thorpe from ATSIDA, a specialised trusted research data management facility for Australian Indigenous research data
- Helen Chan from the UTS Reading Club, a fun and supportive group targeting improving reading and communication skills for UTS Students.
Unfortunately this event has now SOLD OUT however we have a wait list in case of cancellations closer to the event so please email us at aliasydneygroup[at]gmail.com