ALIA Sydney presents a selection of formal and informal professional development events to encourage discussion and critical engagement and create networking opportunities across the library and information sector in Sydney and beyond. The ALIA Sydney committee is a group of vibrant and committed volunteers who make it all happen.
ALIA Sydney is currently looking for new committee members to join our team as Event Officers. On this Committee you will have the chance to develop skills in event and project management, and make vital professional connections -- plus you can have a lot of fun along the way! We welcome EOIs from all corners of the industry, including students.
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) should be received by COB Friday 27 January 2017. EOIs should briefly introduce yourself and cover the criteria for the role description. All EOIs and any questions should be directed to the current ALIA Sydney Co-Ordinator, Lauren Castan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Officers x 2
This role helps make events happen. On a rotating basis, the Event Officers will be teamed up with a Coordinator to help with event organisation and management.
Events Officers are expected to:
· Assist with the organisation of at least 2-3 events each year in conjunction with a Coordinator.
. Attend regular meetings with the Committee
Average Time Demand per month: 4 hours (prep plus actual events)
The interested person should:
· Be, or be willing to become, a current member of ALIA.
· Have an active interest in professional development with the Library & Information Sector.
· Maintain an active awareness of new issues and development within the sector.
· Have strong communication and collaboration skills.